Friday, August 30, 2013

Bagging it!

So the other day cruising through Pinterest, I found a blog link to make these adorable little box bags. The link to the pattern and directions is here: Three Bears Blog.  She gives great instructions and plenty of pictures to get you through.  I'm a pretty new sewer and I whipped out six of these in one day.
 Recently I spent two weeks in South East Alaska with a group called F.O.S.E.A. (Friends of South East Alaska) on a mission trip.  While there I found these wonderful batik fabrics in a small quilt shop in Sitka.  Once I saw the pattern for these bags I knew this fabric would be perfect for the little bags.





This one is my favorite and it's going to my BF who also went on the trip.  She had a wild encounter with a halibut on a fishing trip we took and I thought maybe she'd like a little reminder to remember that she conquered that fish.








Here is the inside of the bag.  I made a few adjustments to the pattern from the blog.  I added fusible web and adhered muslin to the back of the fabric to give the bag more stability.  I also added the little tabs on the side with key rings so you can hang this bag on the outside of a purse, or attach your keys to it. I'll be keeping one for myself and the other will go off to other members of the F.O.S.E.A. Posse. 

For more info on F.O.S.E.A. check out their facebook page here: F.O.S.E.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment